FEZA was founded on July 12, 1995 in Szombathely,Hungary. The objectives of the Federation are to improve communication and collaboration among researchers in Europe, to generally promote education for the benefit of the public in the study of zeolite molecular sieves, including the technology and its application in the fields of chemistry, geology, chemical engineering, and other branches of science or engineering, the undertaking of research and to publish the useful results of such research.
FEZA has organised a number of Workshops on zeolites and international FEZA conferences, as follows:
- The 1st FEZA International Conference was held in Eger (Hungary), September 1-4, 1999.
Topic: "Porous Materials in Environmentally Friendly Processes"
- The 2nd FEZA International Conference was held in Taormina (Italy), September 1-5, 2002.
Topic: "Impact of Zeolites and other Porous Materials on the New Technologies at the Beginning of the New Millennium"
- The 3rd FEZA International Conference was held in Prague (Czech Republic), August 23-26, 2005.
Topic: "Molecular sieves: from basic research to industrial applications"
- The 4th FEZA International Conference was held in Paris (France), September 1-4, 2008.
Topic: "Zeolites and Related Materials: Trends, Targets and Challenges"
- The 5th FEZA International Conference was held in Valencia (Spain), July 3-7, 2011.
Topic: "Innovations in Zeolites and ordered Porous Solids"
- The 6th FEZA International Conference was held in Leipzig (Germany), September 8-11, 2014.
Topic: "Porous Systems: From Novel Materials to Sustainable Solutions"
- The 7th FEZA International Conference was held in Sofia (Bulgaria), July 3-7, 2017.
Topic: "The ZEOLITES: Materials with Engineered Properties"
- The 8th FEZA International Conference was held in Brighton - online (United Kingdom), July 4-7, 2021.
Topic: "Nanoporous materials - From Fundamental Science to Advanced Applications"
Slovenian, Croatian and Serbian Zeolite Associations look forward to welcoming you to the 9th FEZA International Conference with the main theme "Porous Materials for a Green Future", which will be held in Portorož-Portorose, Slovenia, July 2-6, 2023.